Oasis is a private, not for profit, charitable corporation, whose mission is to provide comprehensive services to the homeless and the less fortunate in Portsmouth, Western Chesapeake and Northern Suffolk.
Operating, uninterrupted since 1970, Oasis has been continuously meeting the basic socio-economic needs of this region. Celebrating 40 years of community service, Oasis was birthed by five local Catholic Parishes. Today it has evolved into an ecumenical multi-serving agency committed to helping individuals and families to meet their basic needs and to support their efforts of self-reliance and independence.
The Cluster Parishes support Oasis in many different ways:
- Help prepare & serve breakfast at Oasis Soup Kitchen every 2nd & 3rd Wednesday of the month.
- Prepare & serve lunch at Oasis Soup Kitchen one day a week.
- Collect & deliver food items to restock Oasis Pantry on the 2nd weekend of the month.
- Soup Bowl Collection raises money for food to feed the homeless.
- Collect & deliver gently used and new books for needy and underpriviledged school children to call their own.
If you would like more information or would like to volunteer in this ministry, please contact the office at 757-484-7335 or email Deacon Kevin at firstname.lastname@example.org.